To all CTC members,
the CTC AGM will be a virtual event on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 7 pm to 9pm is booked but we may end early or go over time.
This year has again been unique with many challenges. Given the current Covid-19 situation, the executive has agreed that for the health and safety of ourselves and members, we would not have a face to face AGM.
Please understand that hosting a virtual AGM has may constraints and we are trying our best to ensure maximum participation without compromising health and safety. With any virtual meeting, there will be glitches etc, please have patience and recognize that we may have to make some last minute changes due to technical problems etc.
The plan for the virtual AGM
1) Registration is OPEN!!! Please register HERE
to attend this virtual AGM as you would normally do for an event like winter social etc.
2) a week before the AGM, a Zoom link will be sent to those who have registered so that can participate in the virtual AGM.
(note: if you are late in registering, no problem, we will send a link for last minute registers)
3) Voting. At this time, we will “try” to have a voting process ( likely members will be able to privately message an identified executive director, who will tally votes.
- Proxy votes. According to tennis society, proxy is no longer accepted.
4) Election of CTC Executive Directors
The following link provides job descriptions for the executive board: HERE
If you are interested in being on the executive, please contact Nathan Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday November 6, 2021. This will allow us enough time to notify membership and provide information about the candidate prior to the AGM- likely a bio or something so that membership gets to know the candidate. At this time, we are still working out how ‘run the elections’ and there is a possibility that candidates will have the opportunity to talk to the membership - via Zoom, prior to voting.
The following are the 2021 Coquitlam Tennis Club Executive Positions. As we have not had a “true” election for a couple of years, this year we will have all executive vacate their positions
and apply/be nominated for a directors position. Voting will occur for each position.